Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Drinking from the fire hydrant

Sheesh, sheesh, sheesh... I've got stacks of paperwork to fill out, checklists of things to do, equipment to get, commanders and pilots to meet, tests to take, and over 80 hours of computer-based training. I'm feeling quite overwhelmed, but luckily I have 2 weeks to get it all accomplished. Not only am I jumping into the specialty of Aerospace Medicine, but also leaping into the Air Force and their millions of acronyms, forms, procedures, and headaches. This is going to be a sweet job, but I've got an extremely steep learning curve.

I don't have much time to do much else. Like I still have no bed sheets. So I slept on the couch in my clothes with a towel for a sheet.... didn't work well. Little did I know, but even when you turn "off" your A/C, the Air Force still deems it fit to blast in A/C air from somewhere. I tried closing the vents, so hopefully tonight will be warmer. And tomorrow, I'll get my sheets. I don't have any food in the house (and the hospital doesn't have a cafeteria). I have no car to go out and purchase any of this stuff. Plus I have no internet, telephone, or cell phone coverage. So I'm at the library, trying to catch up on things... Well, enough of the complaining. It'll be a good year.

1 comment:

M Thieman said...

Wow, that's incredible. Definitely in our prayers, bro.