Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Seoul is way expensive!

My mom just informed me that Seoul is the 3rd most expensive city in the world for Americans to live in. Considering housing, transportation, food, clothing, household goods and entertainment, Seoul is 22% more expensive than New York City. Only Moscow (#1) and London (#2) were more expensive. But I'm not too worried, because the only areas eating my bills will be transportation (gas over there is nearly $6.50 per gallon), food, and entertainment. Clothes over there are CHEAP.
Here's the original article.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard from my parents that Moscow was the most expensive city in the world and I had a hard time believing it. It seems strange that countries that still have many fairly poor areas can have cities that are richer than anywhere in the US.
Maybe someday the dollar will be worth something again.
That's very cool that you'll be living in Seoul. When I was in YWAM I lived with a TON of Koreans who were taking an English as a Second Language class. A lot of them were pretty shy, but I loved them.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Though, as a new resident of NJ I feel your pain (well 78% of your pain.) Probably doesn't help the sticker shock that you're coming from Dayton, Ohio :)

Good to hear you're settling in.