Thursday, October 13, 2005

Residency Applications

I am currently applying to like 70 different residency programs... it cost me lots of money for all those applications. I'm applying for anesthesiology, which requires an internship year before starting. Here are the anesthesia and internship programs I got interviews at so far and the date for each. All those flights are going to cost me even more... please let me know if you would like to submit a donation into my bank account!


Arrowhead Transitional Year, Colton, CA, date undetermined
UCLA-Kern Medical Center Transitional Year, Bakersfield, CA, date undetermined

UC Irvine Preliminary Medicine Year, CA, Nov 14
UCLA Anesthesia, Nov 15
U. Southern California Anesthesia, LA, Nov 16
U. Nevada Prelim Medicine, Reno, Jan 9
Banner Good Samaritan Transitional, Phoenix, Jan 12
U. New Mexico Anesthesia, Albuquerque, Jan 14
George Washington U Anesthesia, DC, Jan 21
Cleavland Clinic Anesthesia, OH, Jan 23
UCSF Fresno Extension Prelim Medicine, Fresno, CA, Feb 3

But all this may be fruitless. The Air Force that owns me first has to let me apply for anesthesiology. I find out from them on Dec 14 what's next. If they don't let me do anesthesia, my back up plan is to become a flight surgeon, serve my 4 years, get out of the AF, and then reapply for anesthesia.

No comments: